INTENSIVE CERAMICS COURSE
We recommend an intensive ceramics course to participants who have attended a standard course for some time. If you want to improve knowledge in wheel throwing exclusively, this is the course for you. The basics of decorating are included in the course as well. This type of training is currently available only in our studio in Belgrade. The characteristics of this course are:
Learning in small groups with up to two educators present is created so that each student works individually at their own pace. It's possible to join this type of course at any time in a group that has vacancies. Participants who have been on the course for some time will accompany you, so you will have an insight into the advanced methods that await you. The tutor will develop with you all skills that are at your level of knowledge.
Flexible start of the course
The individual approach demonstrated in the Intensive Ceramics Course allows us to work continuously. You can join the group in which there are vacancies at any time. To book, all you have to do is contact us 5 to 7 days before the approximate start date you have chosen, and we will tell you which groups have vacancies. Reservations can be made up to two weeks in advance.
Flexible course duration
The intensive ceramics course has no time constraint. You determine how long you would like to attend it. The course is paid in sessions of 4 hours, each 3 hours long. When you use the fourth class, you decide whether you want to continue or not. The course, therefore, does not last 4 sessions but is paid according to the cycle that lasts that long. You decide how many cycles you want. Sessions are organized once a week at a chosen time, and it is possible to arrange several sessions a week if such a need exists. We recommend 3 to 6 months of education to acquire sufficient knowledge for the independent practice of this method. Note: Classes within one cycle must be used within 28 days from the date of the first class, more details in the rulebook.
Technology and Methods
Course participants go through all segments of making an item from start to finish in stonewall technique, with final firing at a temperature of 1220°C. The Intensive Course of Ceramics includes only working on a potter's wheel. Learning to work on a potter's wheel is performed by gradually mastering the basics through a specific "school" approach designed to acquire the necessary experience in the shortest possible time. It takes about 3 months of education, ie 12 hours, to master the basics of wheel throwing. By this time you will develop a "feeling" and learn all the essential steps on your own, and after that, you can learn more complex variants of wheel throwing. When it comes to decoration, we provide our students with training in the use of glazes, oxides and engobes.
Materials and equipment provided
We provide everything necessary for the class. All materials are included in the price. The studio is equipped with several pottery wheels and work surfaces. Each student has a shelf for storing their art. Tools, rolls, rags, molds, auxiliary molds, brushes, bowls, needles and knives, aprons, etc. are available to all students. Clay, materials for decoration and firing of the resulting works are also included in the price. We use gray-white Arandjelovac clay without fireclay, ten different glazes, four types of oxides and 12 colors of engobes. You can find more details regarding the choice of materials and certain limitations in the regulations.
Sasa Matić, a potter with numerous years of experience, designed and led all classes. The guest educators are students of the 4th and 5th year of studies at the Faculty of Applied Arts at the Department of Ceramics: Jelena Babić, Milica Miladinović, Una Stojanović.
Bardak pottery studio is the successor of the tradition that begun by the association "Bulevar Umetnosti" over a decade ago. We're happy to say over 1500 students passed through our educational program. Experience and a particular approach to work are what sets us apart from others and allow us to set trends in this area. We hope we will live up to your expectations and that you will safely sail into the waters of a truly fascinating and creative world. If you opt for us, the following dates are available to you (it is necessary to check the availability of vacancies):
SESSIONS IN BELGRADE SESSIONS IN NOVI SAD PRICELIST
NOTE: Studio Keramike Bardak makes a decision on the application of the work rules on the use of terms and space in the ceramics studio, with which all participants in the ceramics course must be acquainted. All details will be available on our website, but also posted in the workspace. By paying for a certain type of course, it is assumed that you are familiar with the rules and agree with them.
When using paid terms, please pay special attention to the following rules:
- Paid 4 sessions of the Standard and Intensive Ceramics Course can be used within 28 days, starting from the date of the first session. If you use one appointment per week, one can be skipped during one week, each subsequent skip is counted as if you attended class. It is possible to have only one compensation per week.
- Reimbursement of the missed class if you requested a change of group only for that week must be realized no later than the next regular class, otherwise the class is lost.
- With the Mini Ceramics Course, all classes must be used continuously, it is not possible to make up for missed classes.
- If you do not arrive on the scheduled date, you need to call no later than 3 hours before the start of the class or, if the class is in the morning, the day before. Otherwise, it counts as if you were in class, even if you didn’t take the opportunity to skip education once.
- If you are late for class, you do not need to call, you are free to come at any time.
- In the case of a one-week break between two cycles, it is calculated as the skip used in the next cycle. Otherwise, we are not obliged to save a place in the group.
- You have a reserved spot only in the selected group. Should you transfer to another group, you must contact us to let us know. It is not possible to independently choose and change timeslots during the training.
- If you know that you will not be there for a longer period (2-3 weeks), you can agree with us on the use of the remaining terms, we just need to agree on the time.
- The course does not last 4 hours, but the cycle lasts that long. All works done in the last class can be fired at the stage they are in. If the modeling is completed they will be biscuit fired, if they are glazed they will be glazed fired. If you want to glaze the biscuit works, it is possible to take a single class later, or if you take a break, in the classes when you continue. We do not do service glazing.
- For all other situations, it is necessary to agree with the tutor before the date. We will accommodate you as much as we can.
- Agreements, after a missed class, are not possible.
Please pay attention and adhere to the following rules when staying in our studio and using our services:
- Careful access to materials that may be dangerous to your health is implied during your stay in the studio. Tutors will instruct you on how to handle all materials, machines and provide the necessary protective equipment. Please pay special attention when handling the hot air gun.
- Users are required to clean all tools, machines and work surfaces they use from clay and other materials after use. Also, after finishing the work on the potter's wheel, it is necessary to clean it.
- Students take care of their private tools, materials and works, and they will be provided with one shelf to store them.
- All literature in the studio is available to students, but it is not allowed to take books, scripts or magazines out of the space.
- Smoking is not allowed in any part of the studio.
- It is not allowed to touch other people's things from the shelves, which especially refers to the works in the production process.
- The material for producing the items included in the price is limited and includes the following quantities monthly: up to max. 10 kg of clay, oxides (copper, manganese, iron, cobalt), engobe (about 12 different colors), glazes (white, white matt, black, matte black, transparent, yellow, light blue, green to cover larger areas and two bonus glazes red and purple - for one work in a cycle).
- Firing included within the course refers to the size of the works that fall within the frame of 25x25x25cm.
- You have the right to use your materials (clay, glaze, engobe, oxide, hobby paints, stickers, etc.) only in consultation with the tutor.
- We keep the works that remain with us after the completion of the training for 28 days, starting from the last day of the course. After completing the training, talk with the educator about taking over the items.
- Be sure to sign pieces you made, we are not responsible for unsigned pieces.
During the pandemic, the following rules must be observed:
- Mandatory proper wearing of masks indoors during education.
- Mandatory hand washing and disinfection.
- Mandatory footwear disinfection (deso barrier).
- The maximum number of participants in the group is 8.
- Classes can be paused only if the student has a positive test on Covid-19, for all other situations it is possible to use one skip provided within each cycle.
- When working, try to keep the recommended distance of 1.5 m.
- In case of reporting an infection within the group, we forward the notification to all members of the group.