MINI CERAMIC COURSE
After completing the Mini Ceramics Course, you have the opportunity to continue your education in the Standard or Intensive Ceramics Course. This type of course is conceived differently compared to the Standard course of ceramics. It's available in Belgrade and Novi Sad, and the main characteristics are:
Group work, fixed start and duration of the course
Everyone in the group works according to the assignment and follows the instructions of the tutor. This type of training aims to teach you as much as possible in the shortest time. It is necessary to carry the assignments and go through all the segments together as a group. Since everyone does the same tasks in each class, the Mini-course has precisely defined dates (beginning and end), consists of four hours. If you miss a class, you will not be able to reschedule it. With that in mind, the new groups of Mini-courses start upon completion of the previous course, and all dates will be announced at least two weeks in advance. The mini-course of ceramics is 4 classes (8 hours) long and it can't be extended. It is possible to enroll in one of the other variants of education upon completion.
Technology and methods
Course participants go through all segments of making an item from start to finish. You will learn how to make stoneware, with final firing at a temperature of 1220 ° C. During three classes you'll create items using different hand-building methods (coil-building, slab-building and auxiliary molds). There's no potter's wheel in the Mini-course program. In the fourth class, three types of decoration are presented (oxides, glaze and engobe). The works free for taking home after the end of the glaze firing, no later than 14 days from the course completion date.
Materials and equipment provided
We provide everything necessary for working with clay and all materials included in the price. Tools, rolls, rags, molds, auxiliary molds, brushes, bowls, needles and knives, aprons, etc. are available to all attendees. Clay, materials for decoration and firing of the resulting products are also included in the price. For work, we use gray-white Arandjelovac clay without fireclay. For decoration, we use copper oxide for work realized with the sausage methods, white glaze for work in the plate method and transparent glaze, and 12 colors of engobes for decorating work in the auxiliary mold method.
Sasa Matić, a potter with numerous years of experience, designed and led all classes. The guest educators are students of the 4th and 5th year of studies at the Faculty of Applied Arts at the Department of Ceramics: Jelena Babić, Milica Miladinović, Una Stojanović.
Bardak pottery studio is the successor of the tradition that begun by the association "Bulevar Umetnosti" over a decade ago. We're happy to say over 1500 students passed through our educational program. Experience and a particular approach to work are what sets us apart from others and allow us to set trends in this area. We hope we will live up to your expectations and that you will safely sail into the waters of a truly fascinating and creative world.
We are announcing the dates of the Mini Course in FB Events on our Facebook page. If you do not have a Facebook account, for information about the start date of the next group, you can contact us or look for an announcement at the bottom of the page.
The PRICE of the Mini course is: 5.000 RSD (four sessions for two hours)
NOTE: Studio Keramike Bardak makes a decision on the application of the work rules on the use of terms and space in the ceramics studio, with which all participants in the ceramics course must be acquainted. All details will be available on our website, but also posted in the workspace. By paying for a certain type of course, it is assumed that you are familiar with the rules and agree with them.
When using paid terms, please pay special attention to the following rules:
- Paid 4 sessions of the Standard and Intensive Ceramics Course can be used within 28 days, starting from the date of the first session. If you use one appointment per week, one can be skipped during one week, each subsequent skip is counted as if you attended class. It is possible to have only one compensation per week.
- Reimbursement of the missed class if you requested a change of group only for that week must be realized no later than the next regular class, otherwise the class is lost.
- With the Mini Ceramics Course, all classes must be used continuously, it is not possible to make up for missed classes.
- If you do not arrive on the scheduled date, you need to call no later than 3 hours before the start of the class or, if the class is in the morning, the day before. Otherwise, it counts as if you were in class, even if you didn’t take the opportunity to skip education once.
- If you are late for class, you do not need to call, you are free to come at any time.
- In the case of a one-week break between two cycles, it is calculated as the skip used in the next cycle. Otherwise, we are not obliged to save a place in the group.
- You have a reserved spot only in the selected group. Should you transfer to another group, you must contact us to let us know. It is not possible to independently choose and change timeslots during the training.
- If you know that you will not be there for a longer period (2-3 weeks), you can agree with us on the use of the remaining terms, we just need to agree on the time.
- The course does not last 4 hours, but the cycle lasts that long. All works done in the last class can be fired at the stage they are in. If the modeling is completed they will be biscuit fired, if they are glazed they will be glazed fired. If you want to glaze the biscuit works, it is possible to take a single class later, or if you take a break, in the classes when you continue. We do not do service glazing.
- For all other situations, it is necessary to agree with the tutor before the date. We will accommodate you as much as we can.
- Agreements, after a missed class, are not possible.
Please pay attention and adhere to the following rules when staying in our studio and using our services:
- Careful access to materials that may be dangerous to your health is implied during your stay in the studio. Tutors will instruct you on how to handle all materials, machines and provide the necessary protective equipment. Please pay special attention when handling the hot air gun.
- Users are required to clean all tools, machines and work surfaces they use from clay and other materials after use. Also, after finishing the work on the potter's wheel, it is necessary to clean it.
- Students take care of their private tools, materials and works, and they will be provided with one shelf to store them.
- All literature in the studio is available to students, but it is not allowed to take books, scripts or magazines out of the space.
- Smoking is not allowed in any part of the studio.
- It is not allowed to touch other people's things from the shelves, which especially refers to the works in the production process.
- The material for producing the items included in the price is limited and includes the following quantities monthly: up to max. 10 kg of clay, oxides (copper, manganese, iron, cobalt), engobe (about 12 different colors), glazes (white, white matt, black, matte black, transparent, yellow, light blue, green to cover larger areas and two bonus glazes red and purple - for one work in a cycle).
- Firing included within the course refers to the size of the works that fall within the frame of 25x25x25cm.
- You have the right to use your materials (clay, glaze, engobe, oxide, hobby paints, stickers, etc.) only in consultation with the tutor.
- We keep the works that remain with us after the completion of the training for 28 days, starting from the last day of the course. After completing the training, talk with the educator about taking over the items.
- Be sure to sign pieces you made, we are not responsible for unsigned pieces.
During the pandemic, the following rules must be observed:
- Mandatory proper wearing of masks indoors during education.
- Mandatory hand washing and disinfection.
- Mandatory footwear disinfection (deso barrier).
- The maximum number of participants in the group is 8.
- Classes can be paused only if the student has a positive test on Covid-19, for all other situations it is possible to use one skip provided within each cycle.
- When working, try to keep the recommended distance of 1.5 m.
- In case of reporting an infection within the group, we forward the notification to all members of the group.